School to School Support for SEN
We are proud of our expertise in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and like to share our knowledge and skills with others. Our ‘Reaching Out’ service has been created to support and further develop inclusive practice for pupils with SEND in mainstream schools. We offer various programmes of support, and we can also create a bespoke programme in response to school requests.
We can provide oversight, support, advice or training for staff – on an individual, small group or whole school basis. Our staff can also work directly with mainstream pupils to meet their specific needs, if required.
Within our staff team, we have a number of experienced specialists with additional training and/or qualifications in specific areas of SEND, including:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) including High Functioning ASD
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Physical Difficulties (PD)
- Significant Learning Difficulties (SLD)
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Communication systems including Makaton, British Sign language (BSL) and Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Team Teach positive behaviour management
- Moving and Handling
- Mental Health & Wellbeing
- SEND assessments e.g. Boxall profiles, Sensory profiles
- Specialist ASD approaches e.g. TEACCH approach, SCERTS model
- Specialist therapies such as Rebound therapy, Art therapy, Hydrotherapy
- Sensory curriculum
- Inclusive technology
We have Subject Specialist Teachers (Music, Art, Food Technology, Computing, PE, Science, English, Creative Media, Performing Arts, PSHE) with extensive SEND knowledge and experience, who are able to support mainstream teachers to adapt the curriculum in order to meet the additional and different needs of pupils.
We are often able to offer ‘links’ for mainstream pupils with SEND to attend some lessons within our school. Also available are specialist activities such as Makaton, Rebound therapy, dance and photography, which can be provided for SEND pupils from mainstream schools, on request.
Please contact us if you have any questions about ‘Reaching Out’, or wish to discuss your school requirements in detail. For further information and the costs of our various programmes of support, please open the following link:
Reaching Out Promotor
The SENCO at Benjamin Hargreaves Church of England Primary School in Accrington:
I would like to thank staff at Broadfield for the outstanding work they do with our children.
The SENCO at Trinity College in Burnley:
This has been my first experience of using specialist teaching from outside IDSS – It has been extremely positive and rewarding.
Thank you Broadfield for your outstanding support and advice.
Thank you to Broadfield for taking care of the children. They felt valued and knew that they had achieved so much.
‘Thank you for helping me with my difficulties and understanding of ASD’
For further information please contact: email@example.com